- Britain is remarkably safe considering its size and the disparities in wealth.
- Avoid large groups of young lads after the pubs shut down (11 pm), as violence is worryingly commonplace in town centres across Britain.
- Drugs of every description are widely available...
- Britain is not without racial problems... but in general tolerance prevails.
- Shopping is the most popular recreational activity in the country.
- On Brighton: "Fat Boy Slim hails from these mean streets..."
- In Manchester apparently "Paradise Factory is a cutting edge club..." Right.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
I just picked up a copy of The Lonely Planet for Western Europe, here are some choice quotes on Britain (mainly from the Dangers and Annoyances section):